Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) 2023 : Registration, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Available Seats, Application Fees and online Application Procedure, Participating Colleges, Exam Centres & Important Dates available here.
The objective of the Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is to assess the candidate’s aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem solving skills. CEED 2023 is conducted by IIT Bombay.
It is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (MDes) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, and IIT Roorkee and PhD programmes at several IITs and design schools. Qualifying in CEED alone does not guarantee admission to any of these programmes. Admitting institutes may conduct further tests and/or interviews for the final selection/admission.
CEED 2023 Online Registration Procedure
CEED 2023 Eligibility
- Candidates must have completed a degree/diploma/post graduate degree programme of minimum THREE years (after 10+2 level), or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2023, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2023.
- Note that the eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes may differ from the eligibility criteria for appearing for CEED. Before applying for CEED, candidates are advised to check whether they meet the required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
- There is no age limit to appear for CEED. Also, a candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
Exam Pattern For CEED 2023
Question Paper Structure
PART A: Duration (2 hours and 30 mins)
|Section||Types of Questions||No. of questions||Marks for correct answer||Marks for wrong answer||Marks for question not attempted||Total marks for the section|
|1||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||8||3||0||0||24|
|2||Multiple Select Question (MSQ)||10||3||-0.2||0||30|
|3||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)||23||2||-0.5||0||46|
PART B: Duration (30 mins)
|Type of question||No. of questions||Total marks|
Application Fees of CEED 2023
- ₹ 1800 for all women candidates
- ₹ 1800 for (SC/ST/PwD) candidates
- ₹ 3600 for all other candidates
A late fee of ₹ 500 is applicable to ALL candidates for registrations submitted after the regular closing date.
How To Apply CEED 2023 Online
1. File containing your recent colour photograph (.jpg file) as per the dimensions mentioned on the registration portal.
2. Scanned copy of your signature (.jpg file).
3. Scanned copy of your degree/diploma certificate (.pdf file), if the course is completed. If you do not have the final degree certificate, please upload the copy of the final year mark list or the provisional certificate. If the course is not completed, upload a certificate from the Principal of your college/Head of the department.
4. Candidates applying under the EWS/SC/ST/OBC-NCL category have to produce valid category certificates (.pdf file) issued by appropriate authorities. EWS/OBC-NCL certificates issued only from April 1, 2022 onwards are accepted for the examination.
5. Candidates applying under the physical disability (PwD) category should produce a valid medical certificate (.pdf file) issued by the appropriate authority. The certificate must clearly state that the disability is at least 40%, in order to avail the reservation. Dyslexic candidates are required to additionally obtain a certificate from the Principal/Head of their College/Institution.
6. PwD candidates requiring the services of a scribe and/or compensatory time during the exam need to upload a request letter.
Participating Colleges in CEED 2023
IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee and IIITDM Jabalpur and PhD programmes at several IITs and design schools.
Exam Centres of CEED 2023
CEED 2023 examination will be conducted in the following cities:
Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, and Visakhapatnam.
Important Dates CEED 2023
|Declaration of results:||Tue Mar 07 2023|
|Date of Entrance Exam:||Sun Jan 22 2023|
|Start date for Admit Card downloading:||Fri Jan 13 2023|
|Online Registration End Date (with Rs. 500 late fee):||Sat Oct 29 2022|
|Online Registration End Date (with regular fee):||Fri Oct 21 2022|
|Online Registration Start Date:||Fri Sep 30 2022|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|